Launch of Shire of Melton Community Learning Plan 2011-2014
Melton Shire Council and the Shire of Melton Community Learning Board launched the Shire of Melton Community Learning Plan 2011-2014 on 19 May 2011.
The plan builds on the work of the previous Learning Plan and incorporated recommendations from its evolution.
The goals highlighted in the Community Learning Plan 2011-2014 are:
- Increase families and community understanding and commitment to learning in the early years
- Increase the percentage of young people entering tertiary education, apprenticeships and training opportunities
- Increase the proportion of adults accessing formal and informal learning and training opportunities
- Stimulate and support business and industry to employ and train their workforce locally
- Advocate for equal access to learning for all members of the community
The goals and strategies of the Community Learning Plan 2011-2014 promote economic development and social inclusion. They target three broad signs of the life-cycle: children, youth and adults.
The Community Learning Board will partner with other organisations, businesses, schools and universities in implementing the plan to achieve these goals.
Leave a Comment